Democratic Candidates in Santa Cruz County
During COVID19, all websites/social media handles for every eligible Democratic candidate seeking endorsement from the DCC will be listed on our website. After our endorsement forum (August 29th, 10 am to 1 pm), we will only post links for our endorsed candidates.
The Santa Cruz County Democratic Party is allowed under State Party rules to endorse local candidates running in non-partisan races. Any such candidate who receives our endorsement will also be entitled to claim endorsement of the California Democratic Party.
To be eligible for endorsement, a candidate shall be a registered Democrat for a period of not less than six (6) months prior to the final filing date for that office. For the November, 2020 election, February 7, 2020 is 6 months before the final filing date of August 7th.
We are considering the following races at our August 29th Forum:
· County Supervisor, 1st District
· Superior Court Judge (Countywide) –
(Although Annrae Angel has suspended her campaign, there are still two candidates listed on the ballot. There was no consensus for the March election and therefore we are including this race in the endorsement process.)
· Capitola (General Law), 2 Council Members
· Santa Cruz (Charter), 4 Council Members
· Scotts Valley (General Law), 3 Council Members
· Watsonville Council Member – Dist. 2
· Watsonville Council Member – Dist. 6
· Cabrillo Community College District, Trustee Area 4
· Cabrillo Community College District, Trustee Area 5
· Pajaro Valley Unified School District, Trustee Area 3
· Pajaro Valley Unified School District, Trustee Area 6
· Soquel Creek Water District, Director
*Watsonville City Council District 1, Cabrillo College Trustee Area 3, and all Santa Cruz City Schools Trustees were appointed in lieu of election.
The Santa Cruz County Democratic Party will vote to give the party’s endorsement for local candidates and issues on the March ballot at a candidates forum Saturday, August 29, 2020 from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM (https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8314272516).